SC - Blown eggs, was Chocolate - Yes I know its not period!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 10:38:43 PST 1999

- --- Lorix <lorix at trump.net.au> wrote:
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
> > Here is a suggestion:
> >
> > Jello Brand gelatin sells egg shaped jello molds.
>
> I gather these are plastic moulds of sort?

Yes, they are.  They are a two part hinged mould, with
a hole in the top for pouring your jello in.  I have
used them to make multi-colored eggs out of jello,
using the jiggler recipe.  I have also used them to
make realistic looking jello eggs.  I used the Asian
almond flavored jello for the white and lemon flavored
jello mixed with almond milk and moulded in a round
ice cube tray for the yolk.  I poured some of the
almond jello in the bottom of the mould until it
solidified, then put an already solid yellow jello
yolk in, closed the mould up and filled the rest of
the mould with more almond jello.  They came our great
and my family was very surprised at the effect.

> >snip
>
> > You won't have the shelll, but you will have
> candies that are white and egg
> > shaped, that
> > you can control a lot easier and not have to waste
> real eggs over.
>
> Well I intend to do some serious experimenting
> first, so I will probably give
> this a go too.
>
> > ps: I have three of these molds, which can make 18
> > eggs at a time.  If you were to send me an airline
> > ticket to where you are, I would happily bring
> them
> > and help you make these eggs.  :-)
>
> Your generosity of spirit astounds me, but I
> couldn't impose on you to come all
> the way over here to do menial work . . . :-)
>
> Lorix

For a free vacation, I would do almost anything legal.

Huette

=====