SC - A different kind of historical recreation

Wed Nov 10 22:57:06 PST 1999

I didn't have any period sources available for my first feast, so I winged
it.  Danish apple pies (not period not pies, but a crowd pleaser I haul out
every so often), pickled whiting, pickled eggs, peas, carrots, steamed
lettuce(probably period, but no original source), marinated beef, a couple
kinds of bread, and beer.  The whiting and the lettuce were considered
risque.

I must have done something right, because a couple of Pennsic-bound fighters
from Caid wanted to take me home.

Later, I tossed in things from Pleyn Delight, To the King's Taste, To the
Queen's Taste and a set of hand written recipes cribbed from a number of
sources.  I've never used my copy of Fabulous Feasts, but I found one in the
used bookstore and added it to the shelf.

Bear