SC - Blown eggs, was Chocolate - Yes I know its not period!

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 05:24:54 PST 1999

> >White chocolate is not brown. It is white. :-) ...
>
>OK, so if you take all the yummy tasty stuff out of chocolate then it is no
>longer brown. But then it isn't chocolate, is it? Cocoa butter is not
>chocolate. That's why it has its own name. That's also why it doesn't taste
>like chocolate.

Actually, chocolate isn't even chocolate.  The cocoa solids are extracted
when the whole process begins and are added back in
during the process of making it so they can regulate consistency in the
batches.  BUT white chocolate is chocolate nonetheless, because it is a
product from the cocoa bean.  White chocolate doesn't have same endorphinal
reaction though.

>What you're referring to is cocoa butter confection. Or maybe even >candy
>made from some other fat. Not chocolate.

No.  It is White Chocolate, just like Dark Chocolate has extra cocoa solids
added to it, white chocolate has nearly none.  It is the same family of
confection and nearly the same recipe, so therefor it is chocolate. (Rock
candy is rock candy whether it is flavored or not)

Cadoc
Who used to have to make chocolate mousse thrice a day...