SC - Good Broth

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 18:42:18 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/11/99 8:31:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<<
 This has always worked well for me and I never need to rely on bouillon
cubes
 or commercially canned broth.

What are your suggestions about dealing with vegetarians. I am finding a
large demand for vegetarian friendly feasts and many dishes ie. frumenty,
require cooking in broth. I can't always use "almond milk" either, due to
allergy issues and cost. I have made my own meat broth for eons, but havent'
worked much with vege type. Would just boiling a whole lotta veges be
reasonable? Seems to me I would need to do some sauteing first to build up
some flavour. What are others ideas?

Hauviette