SC - Millet recipe

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 22:33:29 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/15/1999 8:12:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<<
 My question was about the "stuffed intestines". I thought chitlins were
 fried skin? or perhaps fried intestines? >>

Actually, chitlin's are the intestines of pork.  There are two traditional
ways to prepare them
1 Simply cleaned and boiled in salt water, or
2 cleaned, boiled in salt water, drained, dredged in flour, salt, and pepper,
and deep fried.
Fried skins are called "cracklin's"

Mordonna (who has easily eaten her not-inconsiderable weight in pork by
products like this)