SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 16 06:35:27 PST 1999

Jennifer Rushman wrote:

> Check your Kingdom's A&S criteria.  I believe the Midrealm's has a 'starting
> date' so to speak.  If I remember correctly it caused a change in the Kingdom
>  Pentathlon champion in the recent past.  A very fine artisan had made
> something (I don't remember the catagory) but that particular entry was
> disqualified as the piece was too early.  This may have been catagory
> specific (like costuming). I would reread over the A&S rules very carefully
> as it is easy to miss some of those small statements that can make or break
> an entry.
> CH
> Lady Clare Hele, Barony of Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia.
> There is this great necklace I want to make, oh it's from 800 BC. . .
> (Formerly of Baronies of Rivenstar and Northwoods, Midrealm)

Apropos of nothing, but my student, Vesta, is working on a Minoan/Cretan
gown for 12th Night- you know, like the one on the snake goddess statue.
And yes, she plans to bare it, at least part of the evening. I think
it's great. Of course, I would probably rack it up to play-acting- after
all, King Edward III of blessed memory liked to have tournaments and
theme parties- he even had a tournament based on Arthur's Court, where
everyone cam as someone different. I seem to remember such a party (was
it Edward, or that wastrel father of his?) focuses on Imperianl Rome. So
Crete? Why not?

I really should have slept last night...

'Lainie