SC - cheese questions

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Nov 16 09:47:19 PST 1999

> I am testing a recipe for Norwegian Pasties
>
> that has the following ingredients:
>
> Beef
> semisoft cheese
> pine nuts, currants
> salt/pepper, and ginger.

That's pretty much the recipe I am using but the recipe is pretty ambiguious.
It says to take meat or fish and add new cheese (optional with fish), currants
(optional with fish), pine nuts (optional with fish), and spices. Place in a
dough
or make turnovers and bake or fry.

> YOu put the above ingredients in a pie shell and make sort of a turnover,
> or at least that's the way I've read it, and I was wondering what cheese
> people recommend as a soft cheese?

Well we are planning on a mozzerella or, better, Mexican queso blanco which
is a good new cheese. I'm making mine with cheese, aromatic spices, and some
with fish, some with turkey. Turkey because I wanted something other than
chicken again.

>         Angeline

Yers,

Gunthar