SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Nov 16 22:28:59 PST 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie

Ras sez in response to me....
><< I
> think people are thinking' "Ancient Rome? That's not medieval," forgetting
> that "Roman" covers a huge spread of time and area.
>
> --AM >>
>
>Agreed. However, I think more are thinking that even though period ends at
>pre-seventeenth century CE, they have some innate and bizarre power to
>subject the players with an inappropriate and not accurate beginning date to
>the SCA. There are organizations specifically geared toward that sort of
>individual. unfortunately, they have not taken the hint and left us.
>
>Ras

Ah, good cousin, but its their little contest. If they want to demand that
the contestants all run about with Carmen Miranda hats on, its within their
rights. Its up to us, as potential competitors to read the criteria ahead
of time and decide if we want to enter our precious work.

Vote with your feet, brother! :) I personally avoid contests that dont
emphasise the use of primary source documentation. Others avoid those that
do. There seems to be more than ample opportunity for both camps to  play,
at least around here....

- --AM, who is rather proud of her kingdoms A/S championship rules and
criteria. If you aint got the documentation, it dont fly.