SC - oyster pie - Where to buy Verjus

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 16 23:20:38 PST 1999

Rose commented:
> But somewhere down in the foggy recesses of my brain, I seem to recall a
> reference to the "verjus grape."  And I've never seen reference to red or
> white varieties of verjus.
>
> Back to the wine history book...

You might be interested in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
verjuice-msg      (38K) 10/ 7/99    Medieval verjuice. Modern substitutions.

Thank you for the message on verjuice sources. That message will be added to
this file. While the companies were mentioned previously in this file, I didn't
have any web addresses for them. There is also verjuice made from crabapples
mentioned in this file.

You mentioned "back to the wine history book". I don't know if you had
a specific one in mind, but at least one is mentioned in this file in the
BEVERAGES section:
wine-msg         (113K)  5/21/99    Medieval wines.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net