SC - French toast?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 17 12:33:27 PST 1999

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> What do you put on French
> Toast?
>
> My grandmother's family is the only family I know of who eats French toast
> sprinkled with as much powdered sugar as you can get away with while momma
> isn't watching, then a sprinkling of cinnamon.  How very medieval, I now
> realize.  Everyone else I've ever met puts syrup or honey on them, like
> pancakes.  My daughters learned the sugar and cinnamon at my house, syrup at
> their dad's house, and now attempt to get away with BOTH, while momma isn't
> watching, of course.

Syrup. Butter, sugar and cinnamon. Apple butter. Jam. Sunny-side-up
fried eggs. Honey. I detest molasses, so fat chance of that, although
people do use it that way.

Then, of course, there's the scene in Clarence Day's "Life With Father"
in which the narrator's father, the title character, and I do mean
character, uses French toast as a sop with oyster soup.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com