SC - French Toast

Brian Songy bxs3829 at usl.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:05:49 PST 1999

Have you tried your pain perdu (the preferred term for French Toast in this
area) with huge amounts of powdered sugar, a bit of muscadine jelly or (the
best!) a small dollop of Steen's cane syrup!  Cane syrup I quite an acquired
taste, but far richer than typical, store-bought molasses.

(I pass by the Steen's factory on the way to work, and saw the huge billowing
clouds of steam produced by boiling the cane juice.  IT's CANE HARVESTING
SEASON!!  That reminds me, I need to make some pralines, and pecan pie,
and....)

Matheus de Troyes
>From Trollfen in Glenn Abhain in Meridies

Mka: Brian Songy