SC - Recipies with Beer and Ale?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 18 23:01:40 PST 1999

Christianna said:
> A while back, we had a discussion about recipies with beer and ale in
> them.  The only one I can find that I saved is for a bean dish, from En
> guter spice
> (31. Ein spise von bonen (A food of beans).  Our chronicler is putting
> out the next issue of our newsletter, and has said that the only things
> she has for this issue are beer articles, and unless she got some
> recipies or something, it was going to be a beer issue.  (Get the drift
> of where I'm going with this one?:)  I had thought I had a beer-cheese
> soup recipie or something, but I guess I didn't save one because I can
> make that anyway.  I'd be pleased to see other recipies, preferably
> period ones to go into the Beer Issue.

In the last few weeks I remember mentioning the file I had and asking for
some more recipes with beer in them. Unfortunately, I didn't get any
additional recipes. However, you might find the recipes in this file in
the FOOD section of my Florilegium to be useful:
beer-in-food-msg  (13K)  3/26/99    Period recipes with beer or ale in them.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net