SC - Embarrassing Question...

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Sun Nov 21 19:14:38 PST 1999

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:32:43 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>Hullo, the list!
>In connection with the high-volume food-production orgy many Americans
>will be engaging in the week to come, I was wondering if anyone has
>used those devices that supposedly peel and core (and maybe slice; I
>forget) an apple. It's a crank-operated thing you clamp to a tabletop, I

>think, and you impale the apple along the core on a spike of some sort,
after
>which you turn the crank and the peel is removed along principles
>similar to a carpenter's lathe.
>
>Now I'm pretty quick with a knife, but I'm being offered this gizmo
>essentially as a gift. Is it worth the money of the donor and does it
>actually save time and labor?
>
>Adamantius
>--
>Phil & Susan Troy
>
>troy at asan.com

I have the device that you are asking about, and with it I can have an
apple peeled / cored / sprial cut in about five seconds or less,
depending on how fast I crank. It is a time / labor saver and is worth
the money spent. I say go for it.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com