SC - Apple peeler

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 19:16:29 PST 1999

Greetings My Lord Adamantius,
This very gaget is now being discussed on another list I am on.  I herewith
pass along some comments about the apple peeler (that I have not yet
deleted.)  You can see for yourself how others like this gaget.
Respectfully.
Phillipa Seton
****************************

>>>I think I have every gadget any of you have mentioned!  I have your apple
>machine, David, and use it all the time as apple crisp is a big favorite at
>my house.

>>>Dear Vivi,

This is a machine, hand powered, that has an hand-cranked spindle on a
screw with a spike on the end. You mount the apple on the spike, crank it
in, and it pushes the apple through a whole with a round blade on the
inside which cores it and a round blade on the outside edge which spirals
it into one continuous slice. There is also a spring mounted razor of sorts
that peels the apple as it passes. And it is fast! Perfect for brown betty,
apple crisp or just a fancy presentation (lemon juice keeps it from browning).
The only time it doesn't work is when the apple is mushy. A nice firm apple
is a beautiful thing, and that it should taste good , like a Mac . . . this
is heaven!

>>>Hello David Shalom
This apple peeler if it is the metal one than it is very good for all kind
of apple.
Now a tip use this apple peeler for medium size POTATOES. It will peel and
core
and give a spiral kind of potatoe. put the spirals around a roast or a
chicken and the cores too spice with onion soup mix  and you have an
elegant dish
Moshe