SC - Assistance Please - Kiev 1300s feast?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Nov 21 19:36:13 PST 1999

Meliora asked:
> I friend of mine is planning to run a time/place feast set in Kiev in 1300s
> (I believe set around Alexander Nevsky?)
>
> I know we have no cookbooks translated into English for that time and place,
> but can anyone help with acceptable substitutes or ideas for further
> research?

Not only are there no cookbooks translated into English for that time and
place, there don't seem to be any cookbooks for that time and place period.

> I have copies of the Domostroi and Food and Drink in Medieval Poland.

These are probably two good starting points. You might also take a look at
these files in my Florilegium.
In the FOOD-BY-REGION:
fd-Poland-msg      (7K)  9/ 9/99    Food of period Poland. Referances.
fd-Russia-msg     (25K)  4/16/99    Russian food. Russian cookbooks.

In the CULTURES section:
Poland-msg        (26K)  4/23/99    Medieval Poland. Referances.
Rus-Handbook-art  (97K)  9/ 2/99    Rus' Handbook from the Eoforwic Novogrod
                                       event AS 24. Edited by Nicolaa de Bracton
Russia-bib         (8K)  7/20/94    Bibliography on Russian history.
Russia-msg        (66K)  2/19/99    Russian and Kievian Culture and language.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net