SC - Traveling to Charlotte NC

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 20:42:25 PST 1999

>I find that I will be traveling for business reasons to the Charlotte NC
>area next wednesday.  I may find myself at loose ends on Friday.  What is
>there to do in the area (food, fabric or museums are what I have in mind).

If you can get downtown, see the mural on the alter wall of the Catholic
church downtown (I think it's just a church, not the cathedral, but could be
wrong). The same artist also did murals in the lobby of the NationsBank (now
Bank of America?) building.  These aren't just paint on the walls, but
pigment in the limestone plaster authentically done murals.  Wonderful
color, and the religious one has all sorts of the usual symolic figures,
like a big yaller dog (dogs often sybolize loyalty and faith in religious
paintings).  Four scenes cover the entire wall, floor to way up there at the
ceiling.

Bonne