SC - Introduction

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Sat Nov 27 12:59:30 PST 1999

Akim wrote:

>Greeting to fellow SCA culinary enthusists,

And greetings to you!

>I am just joining this august gathering
>of like minds, ready to discuss the minutiae
>of period cuisine at the drop of a (chefs')
>hat.

Heck, we discuss cat and herald recipes, too. And there's the ever popular
cuskynoles debate (which I've only read about) as well as sharing favorite
period and non period recipes. The caveat here is that if you mention a dish you
have prepared, please give us your recipe!

>I have been
>continuously active as a member of the SCA
>for over 22 years (membership #2786- yes before
>the hardening of the crustal strata!)

At #1666, what does that make me? Molten rock? Holy cow...

>One further endeavor of mine these days, perhaps of
>pertinence to this assembly of cooks, is a project I have
>recently launched, the Glaedenfeld Centre for Medieval
>and Renaissance Studies.

What an ambitious project! How is it being funded? It sounds like things got
started just recently, in the last year or so. I wish you success because such a
facility would be a wonderful resource. Good luck.

>I look forward to sharing much information with all of you and
>hopefully will not bore you with my ocassional pontifications
>on period comestibles.

Welcome aboard!

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL