SC - Turkey Day post-mortem

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 12:49:14 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/29/99 2:45:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< My contribution to the leftover cycle is turkey pie.  Those two dinners
and
 a weekend of sandwiches usually take care of all the bird.  Except the year
 my then first-grader noticed the turkey that weighed the same as her.  It
 takes a long time for a family of 4 to eat a 36 lb turkey!

 Bonne >>

    Ooooffff! And it fit in the oven, never mind the pan?!? Our families
always get more modest birds, so I have yet to get seriously tired of the
leftovers--in fact I usually wish for more! ;-) But our traditional leftover
dish is creamed turkey, on dressing if there's enough, or toast if there's
not. Yummy stuff! (Cream sauce, with cheddar, Worcestershire sauce and
tarragon for seasoning, as a rule) Don't think I'll get to indulge my fix
this time, though--the turkey's mostly gone, as is the dressing--which came
out very well this year, if I do say so! ;-) We do what I think of as the
standard type, at least for the South--cornbread and sage, onions and celery,
with a few biscuits added if available, or a little bread if not, and the
turkey broth, salt and pepper, of course. Fairly basic composition, but quite
delectable!

                    Ldy Diana, counting the days until the Christmas feast!