SC - Help for Novices

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon Nov 29 19:00:24 PST 1999

> rkappler at home.com writes:
<<  Would you want to be welcomed into a new family by a FAQ that doesn't
> answer all your questions but who's mere existence makes you reluctant to
ask  more? >>
snip [Begging your pardon, but why do you feel the FAQ would make me less
likely to ask a question than your response to my suggestion just did?  The
people who  have responded negatively to my suggestion are the people least
likely to  need the FAQ.]

Now, now.  Don't go getting your dander up.  What I think Puck was trying to
express was the feeling that a FAQ is a cold and impersonal way to welcome a
newcomer.  From the time I've spent on this list and another he's on
(actually the list admin.), Puck strikes me as the "well come on in and try
this new ale (or any other drink of choice) while we sit and talk a spell."
He wasn't responding negatively to your comments.

Raoghnailt
Stan Wyrm, Artemisia
rygbee at montana.com
Veritas praevalebit