SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Nov 30 16:46:05 PST 1999

Varju at aol.com wrote:

> It really I think.  Many people do have turkey for Christmas dinner as well.
> (It was great-grandma's usualy main dish.)  Others have ham.  I think its
> depends on region and you family traditions.

Agreed. It will depend on who's cooking. If we end up at home, I'll
probably do the barded-rib-roast-and-Yorkshire-pudding thing, if we're
at my mom's house she tends to do a pork loin or a fresh ham, and heaven
only knows what my mother-in-law will do. One of her standard holiday
goodies is named in English (I forget the Toisanese/Cantonese name)
oyster gold coins, which are shucked oysters sitting in a black mushroom
cap, wrapped in caul fat, dipped in a thin eggy batter and deep fried.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com