SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

swbro at earthlink.net swbro at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 30 23:11:15 PST 1999

> Subject: Re: SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays
>
> In a message dated 11/29/1999 8:11:21 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> glendar at compassnet.com.au writes:
>
> << I was just thinking, if Americans have Turkey at
> Thanksgiving, what do you
>  eat on Christmas Day? Turkey is one of the primary meats for
> our Christmas
>  celebrations, whether we have a hot or a cold meal. >>
>
> It really I think.  Many people do have turkey for Christmas
> dinner as well.
> (It was great-grandma's usualy main dish.)  Others have ham.
> I think its
> depends on region and you family traditions.
>
> My family will have either Saurbraten or Hungarian goulash
> (German version),
> Spatzle, Rotkohl and I'll probalby get talked into doing
> almas pite (apple
> sheet cake) for dessert.
>
> Noemi

We on the other hand, do not believe in wasting Christmas Day with all the
work of a big dinner.  We usually have a light brunch in the morning,
muffins, fruit, etc.  Mom usually cooks a turkey a couple of days before
Christmas.  I usually make a couple of quiches, and various goodies get
prepared thoughout the week.  Then on Christmas Day we just snack as we feel
the need, and spend the day visiting, playing table games, watching movies
or just vegging.

Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt