SC - Subscribe

Donald W. Lewis don at NATSO.com
Mon Oct 4 05:48:38 PDT 1999

On 03 Oct 1999 20:02:49 EDT Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu (Marian
Deborah Rosenberg) writes:
<snip>
>  I've always made appleasauce at home home, not school home.  And in
>thinking things over, I missed a step.  The making it into sauce instead
of
>thick gloopy fruit mixture with pieces of apple peel in it.  I can
visualize what
>the gadget with the crank handle for making appleasauce into sauce looks
like.
>I even know where it is in my parents' kitchen.  But I don't have one of
these in
>my kitchen.  Nor will I make applesauce often enough to be worth the
>effort of trying to find one in Chestertown.

I know the device that you are talking about. I it is called a handy
chopper and they come in several types. I have two types.

Type 1 can be used for most anything. I last used this one for taking
dried bread and making bread crumbs.

Type 2 is mainly for grinding meat. I have never used this one.

Both types I have found in great quantitys at the second hand / thrift
stores.

>  Anybody have any interesting suggestions of what I can do with this
>glop?

Cuskynoles!?!

>(Other than eating it straight out of the tupperware with a
>spoon--yum.)
>
>-M

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com