SC - Need help with "Compost"

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 17:40:30 PDT 1999

We had a new spiffy bakery open by us and today we went there for lunch.
A nice assortment of breads all fresh baked, with sandwiches and salads and
stuff.
But what caught my interest was that they bragged that they  let their bread
rise for 16-24 hours to achieve their "web like airiness."
sure the bread i got is airy there is a whole in the center of the loaf
about the size of a half doller, running through  half the loaf, not sure i
could make Sandwiches with it.. But Is such a long rise time good? I mean,
why? Just wondering what opinion on it is. I haven't done bread making in
ages, maybe i should get going on it again.

In service
Zoe