SC - Hauviette's Confits

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Oct 5 15:21:55 PDT 1999

Bonne said:

> I just found this last night, it's just a mention, not a recipe.  Does
> anyone know if there a facsimile of the Fettiplace book?

I don't believe the family has published a facsimile of the book at all.
But I do have a copy of a *re-typed* first third of the book.  It was
published by John Spurling and I believe I obtained my copy from Acanthus.
I can look it up tonight for any other relevant recipes.

Basically it appears that Hilary Spurling incorporated most of the food
recipes in her book already.  The recipes not included in Hillary's book are
mainly medicinal or cosmetic/beauty recipes.

Regards
Meliora.