SC - Miscellaneous Items

alysk@ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 5 17:51:45 PDT 1999

- -Poster: <Elysant @aol.com>

Brandu said:

>I am preparing an article on foodstuffs served on Ships during period,
especially >during late period. I have lists of foods that were served, but I
was wondering if >anybody had recipes that I might also include, such as
salmagundi, ship's biscuit, >hardtack, ragout, etc.

Although I do not have anything for you unfortunately Brandu, your post
touches on something that is an interest of mine (period and OOP) and that is
travel foods.  Foods cooked and ate on planes, ships, trains, and other older
forms of transport like pilgrimages and caravans....

Does anyone have any period (or OOP) resources on this?  Including menus?

Elysant