SC - A Winter food

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Oct 12 09:50:46 PDT 1999

Dearest Elisabeth,

    Viaunde of Cypres Ryalle

    4 cups cooked chicken; parts, chunks, whatever,
    1 cup white wine
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup honey
    1/2 tsp each ground cloves, mace, ginger (I use fresh ginger & whole
cloves)
    1/4 cup ground almonds
    1/2 cup currants

    Boil the wine and sugar together 10 minutes or until it thickens and
clings to the spoon.  Add honey, spices and almonds, currants, simmer for
another 5 minutes.

    Pour the hot syrup over the chicken, chill well, serve cold. serves 6 -
8 people

**there are times I forgo the almonds coz I havent any, and it is just as
good.

>Traveling Dysshes<  is a great pamphlet fort the beginner cook/medievalist.
According to the back page, copies are available by writing the author:

Pat McGregor,  3507 Santos Circle,  Cameron Park, CA  95682-8247

    Or Green Duck,  a very popular (book) merchant in the West Kingdom, is
available on the web, and may keep her book in stock.  price is (was) approx
$10.00

    Enjoy
    Caointiarn