SC - A Winter food

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 05:31:58 PDT 1999

> I have a question I wish to put before you.  I was told by someone that
> Pheasant is NOT a winter food, but a summer food.
>
> I, for one, have always considered it a fall and winter food.
> Especially since Pheasant season is currently going on here in Montana.

Platina, who discusses the seasonal aspects of several types of game,
doesn't mention a season for pheasant. The author of "A proper Newe
Booke of Cokerye" mentions seasons for several game animals too, and
says pheasant are good all year round, but that they are best taken with
a hawk

It's taken best by a hawk, cause buck shot's way too hard on the
teeth!!
Fiona