SC - travelogues

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Thu Oct 14 19:16:48 PDT 1999

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Gee, here in California, the strawberry season starts
> about June ... but then you are Ozzie, so you have
> things backwards. :-)

Hey . . . it depends on your perspective.  My view has Australia on the top of
the world so therefore its you that's backwards :-)

> Hey, here is an idea!  Send me a plane ticket to where
> you are, and I will bring all the fresh strawberries
> that you could ever want.  That is, if your customs
> will let me bring them in.

Well what a generous and selfless offer . . . unfortunately I won't be able to
except because our customs people would have a pink (or should that be
strawberry red) fit!

> If not, I once served "A dyshe full of snow" with
> strawberries added.

OK, I have seen others refer to "a dyshe full of snow", where is it from and is
it period?
Oh, and what's the original recipe (Hey if you don't ask . . . :-)

> I too tried to freeze them.  I
> was told if you froze them on a cookee sheet and then,
> after they were frozen, put them in baggies.  Well,
> they looked great while frozen, but mushed up as they
> were defrosting.  So I blended them all together into
> a glorious slush and mixed them into the whipped cream
> and served them as "A dyshe full of pink snow".
>
> I am at work now, so if you want a recipe, please ask.

Yes please, pretty please, pretty please with cream and a strawberry on top!

> Huette

> snip.

Thanks,
Lorix