SC - Has anyone ever encountered...

April Abbott orlando at rogues.net
Fri Oct 15 12:41:03 PDT 1999

>perhaps a pea pottage

Use the very first one in the book by Odile Redon, it's flavored with ginger
and thickened with egg (my new version of pea soup for the family keeps the
ginger, skips the egg.)  I've recently got a stack of books from the library
that include the Digby book and one by a contemporary (?) John Evelyn.  I
recall reading another pea soup with ginger recipe, probably in one of those
as I haven't gotten to the others yet.  But I was skimming so many while at
the library that it could be in some other random book. I'll double check.

Bonne