SC - Looking for Grappa info and recipe

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 08:08:12 PDT 1999

<snip>>
>This sounds more like a roast meat with sauce. I thought galentines
>were meats served in an aspic. So apparently this is not classed as
>an aspic dish, how is it classed? As roast pork?
>
>Thanks.
>  Stefan

Hi! AFAIK, galentine at this time was a sauce with vinegar & breadcrumbs, &
sometimes onions & spices.

 I'd call this dish more of a stew, since we're instructed to *half* roast
the meat, & then cut it up & finish cooking it in the pot.  That's how I
typically make stew, anyway.

Yours in haste,

Cindy