SC - Encyclopaedia Britannica posts all 32 volumes on Internet, free

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Tue Oct 19 22:06:20 PDT 1999

Lilinah biti-Anat wrote:

> Again, besides the Muslim recipes in Lord Cariadoc's book, does
> anyone have any ideas for sources for Norman, Sicilian, Muslim, and
> 12th c. Mediterranean Jewish food?

de Nola's Libro de Guisado, Libro de Cocina, etc., had, as I recall,
some supposedly Jewish recipes. Whether they really are Jewish in origin
is unknown, but apparently de Nola thought so. I don't have this
author's stuff on hand, though. Maybe Lady Brighid can help you out.
She's done a lot of work on de Nola's stuff.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com