SC - fylettys in Galentine and endored?

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Tue Oct 19 23:35:15 PDT 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, James F. Johnson wrote:

> I think I already understand the point, but how else beside fermentation is one
> going to make (ethanol) alcohol? Distillation basically _concentrates_ the
> existing alcohol produced by the yeast in the fermentation process. Basically,
> distilling alcohol in the US sans the Treasury license is illegal.

I am sure that if I spend some time with my old organic chemistry books
I could come up with several more or less viable synthesis paths for
ethanol. Not practical perhaps, but possible.

> Does this also apply to Canada, Lochac, Drachenwald, and other none USA
> territories of the SCA?

First of all, Drachenwald consists of several countries, all with more
or less varying laws on the topic. In Sweden distillation is illegal,
but you can (AFAIK) ferment wine, beer and such for your own
consumption.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei at algonet.se
"Stop the vegetarians, they eat all the animals' food!"