SC - Period distilling info

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Oct 22 17:00:15 PDT 1999

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Yes, he wants Dutch because his personna is
> half Dutch-half Portuguese. I need more English
> friends.

At fist read- hahahaha!

Second read- Hey!

	I _love_ the idea of a Dutch/Portuguese persona! What a wonderful
concept! 15th-16th c, I hope? I get so tired of the 'mainline drones' or
the really 'out-there' personas ('I was born to a Jewish father and a
Pictish Scots mother, kidnapped by wandering gypsies and sold to the
Mongolians...')- that something a _little- out-of-the-ordinary but
pleasantly plausible is a delight! Please give him a big congratulations
on the knighthood and on a good persona from someone in An Tir who
appreciates these things!

	Besides, English friends are ok, but Gascons are... uh, um... maybe I'd
better stop right there...

'Lainie

(admittedly a bit of a mainline drone, Norman, 1399, with ties to
England and the rest of France, and who hangs out in Christine de
Pisan's salon, BUT who occasionally becomes a Dominican named Abelard
the Lesser when teaching or looking for Trouble...)