SC - Nanna's Danish Cookbook

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri Oct 22 17:11:46 PDT 1999

>         I _love_ the idea of a Dutch/Portuguese persona! What a wonderful
> concept! 15th-16th c, I hope? I get so tired of the 'mainline drones' or
> the really 'out-there' personas ('I was born to a Jewish father and a
> Pictish Scots mother, kidnapped by wandering gypsies and sold to the
> Mongolians...')- that something a _little- out-of-the-ordinary but
> pleasantly plausible is a delight!
>
> 'Lainie
>
> (admittedly a bit of a mainline drone, Norman, 1399, with ties to
> England and the rest of France, and who hangs out in Christine de
> Pisan's salon, BUT who occasionally becomes a Dominican named Abelard
> the Lesser when teaching or looking for Trouble...)

How about mine? I started out as a later century Swede because I got so
tired of Vikings but still wanted to be part of my heritage. Wound up
being an early 15th Century Hospitaller Donatii who started out as a
simple pig farmer, went to the Holy Lands because I couldn't stay out of
trouble, joined the Order of St. John as a Sergeant, then was elevated
to knighthood because of prowess on the field. Had the peerage but not
the manners but was very enamored by the stories told by the minstrels.
Since I didn't have any money, no lands and an empty title I wound up
making a living on the tournament circuit and training local levies when there
were no tournies about.

Getting the Barony and County pretty much screwed up that story though.
I couldn't figure out how to put those in.

I got so many stuffed pigs during my reign....

Yers,

Gunthar
a simple pig farmer, but now I have a LOT of pigs.