SC - Apicius /book finding

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Sun Oct 24 16:38:58 PDT 1999

> Mordonna wrote:
>>Well, I found a copy of the Flowers translation.  $77.00, used at The Barnes
>>and Noble site.  Anyone interested can check it out here.
>
> If you're looking for used books DON'T shop through Amazon or Barnes
> and Noble. They both buy through others and you'll end up paying
> twice what you ought to.
>
> I've successfully purchased about 1/2 dozen rare out-of-print books through
> http://www.abebooks.com
>
> and recently placed an order through
> http://www.bibliofind.com

    A site I've used several times is bookfinder.com, which searches both
ABEbooks and bibliofind, as well as several other sites.  A search will
produce a table that lists title, author, condition, and price, and gives
you a link to each dealer so you can check on shipping costs and payment
options before choosing where to place your order.  It doesn't work as
well if you want several different books unless you can find them all at
the same place, so shipping can add up if you're looking several books,
but the amount of information available makes ordering easy.

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu