SC - Re: Don't crush that dwarf, etc.

alysk@ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 25 14:44:18 PDT 1999

>Maple sugar cotton candy? Hmmm, so how different is it from the usual
>stuff. I really like maple sugar candy. And i only use 100 percent
>real maple syrup at home for pancakes. Is the maple taste really
>noticeable?
>
>Anahita

It is made with maple sugar instead of regular sugar (+dye and who knows
what else) and it tastes like maple sugar.  Sells for the same price as the
other, but can only be found in a booth in the far corner of the old
exhibition hall. It's a private vendor, they've been here all of the 16
years I've ever been to the NC state fair.  I can't beleive they are
completely unique.  They ought to at least have it in the maple sugar
producing states, I would have thought.

Smack in the middle of the new exhibition hall a honey-producers association
sells honey cotton candy, made from crystallized honey.  Again, same price
but you have to make your way through the crowded hall.  I've had it, but
don't like it much. Honey can be awfully rich.

Bonne