SC - Re: Don't crush that dwarf, etc.

Tue Oct 26 07:02:40 PDT 1999

It is made with maple sugar instead of regular sugar (+dye and who knows
what else) and it tastes like maple sugar.  Sells for the same price as the
other, but can only be found in a booth in the far corner of the old
exhibition hall. It's a private vendor, they've been here all of the 16
years I've ever been to the NC state fair.  I can't beleive they are
completely unique.  They ought to at least have it in the maple sugar
producing states, I would have thought.

Well, some of them do, There's a big fair every year in Ma ( called
the BIG E) that has a street of the states- one for each new england
state. I know one of them sells maple cotten candy, it's pretty
tasty, much better than the commercial stuff( along with lovely
things like Dells Lemon aid, and clam cakes and Maine tatters, and
any number of other very expensive food items that they sell- but
hey, it's only once a year)

Fiona