OT Re: SC - Don't crush that dwarf - hand _me_ the pliers!

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Tue Oct 26 15:13:54 PDT 1999

MELONS AND GRAPES
(Copyright 1999 L. J.  Spencer, Jr.)
(I used medieval seasonal fresh fruit in this dish. This dish is not
documentable.)
Makes 8 Servings

1 Melons
1 lb. Grapes
24  Dragees (see Note 1)
3 sprigs Mint
Colored sugar crystals (see Note 2)

Cut melons in half lengthwise from stem to bud end. Remove seeds. Cut each
half into four wedges lengthwise. Arrange the wedges in a circle on the
serving plate.

Divide grapes into eight equal bunches. Place a bunch of grapes in between
each set of melon wedges. Place mint sprigs in the center of the circle.

Decorate each wedge with three silver cake decorations, spacing them evenly
along the center of the wedge.

Just before serving, sprinkle sugar crystals lightly over all.

(Note 1: (I used silver ball type cake decorations)
(Note 2: (I used these as another form of period-like Dragees)

Ras