SC - Fwd: [aten] Looking for Recipe

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 01:31:19 PDT 1999

david friedman wrote:
>snip:  what would be closest to a period apple & pear

> You can find what I was able to discover on this subject many years
> ago webbed at:
>
> http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/trees.html

Well, I had a look, and saw that under your entry for Pre 1650 Fruits,
you had Apples, Peach, Nectarine, Pears & Plums.

I was immediately ecstaic because I have access to a green gage tree!

But, I noticed that you did not include apricots as a pre 1650 fruit.  Is that
because they are not period, or that there is no longer access to a period
variety of fruit.

I had thought that I had seen period recipes for apricots though :-)

Lorix