SC - Recipes 5 & 6

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Thu Oct 28 08:21:05 PDT 1999

>I repeat NO KNOWN human pathogen can survive the brewing process. Any
>pathogen that could make you dead will not survive the process. I agree
>that

Where do you get pathogen out of my statements? There are several species of
bacteria and yeast that produce waste chemicals that are
hazzardous to human consumption.  They occur in the wild and can produce
anything from vinegary taste to toxins, which consumed in
large doses can kill you (as can using unpitted fruits during the
fermentation as the rising levels of alcohol will draw out the
toxins there as well, but you can keep them in for a quick mash, such as
fermentation on the lees for some wines).  The bacteria and yeast are
eventually killed during the brewing process, but the waste products from
their sugar and carbohydrate consumption stay.  Read any brewing book, it
states just that.  You can't kill a chemical.  Also, if these chemicals
exist in the base brew for a distilled product, depending on their
evaporation temperatures will move over as well.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"