SC - Folger Library Exhibit

Bernadette Crumb kerelsen at ptd.net
Thu Oct 28 10:52:44 PDT 1999

>Verjuice, IIRC, is a sour grape juice.  I've seen mention that it can
>substituted for by adding lemon juice to grape juice.

Seems to be juice from acidic sour fruits.  There is a variation on
the market now called "verjus" which is a pressing of young grapes while
they are still sour.  It's being used in restaraunts to replace
vinegar in some areas. (knew some of that before I watched the Food TV
medieval travesty, but not all) The stuff looks interesting.

>Cardoon I know not.  Possibly an alternate spelling of cardamom?

As far as I could tell it was a stalked veggie of some kind, Ras had it
canned so I couldn't tell more.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"