SC - Institute of Historical Interpretation

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 19:46:03 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/28/99 2:17:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kerric at pobox.alaska.net writes:

<< How was broth made? And from what? >>

I usually save up the bones and skin and stuff from various meats prepared
throughout the year. Freeze them and cart the packages off to the site. The
first thing I do is put a big kettle on the stove dump all the pieces and
bits into it and fill it with water. I bring it to a boil and reduce to a
bubbling. I either add to or take away from during the feast preparation
depending on what the recipe calls for and what stage the preparation is at.

Ras