SC - Liber Cure Cocorum: I.L.L. Follies of 1999 (long)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Oct 29 08:07:51 PDT 1999

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Hullo, the list!
>
> I thought people doing research might be interested in the saga of my
> attempt to get ahold of a copy of Liber Cure Cocorum, a.k.a. MS. Sloane
> 1986. There are probably better ways to go about all this, but what the hey.
> I checked the online catalog daily from home, to be
> sure the book wasn't returned early, but about two days before the
> actual due date, I learned that it had been renewed UNTIL FEBRUARY,
> 2000!!! This was back in September. In other words, I have fair reason
> to believe this book is lining some medievalist's personal bookshelf,
> and will continue to do so until Heck freezes over. Who'd miss it? It's
> not in great demand, is it? Just renew it every five or six months; a
> small price to pay to effectively own a transcription (redaction?) of a
> priceless manuscript, which transcription is itself a valuable antique.

Actually, dahling, it is most likely sitting on the desk of a grad
student somewhere. That was one of the neatest things about being a grad
student- the borrowing privileges...

> Next item on the agenda will be Furnivall's edition of The Babee's
> Booke, Russell's Boke of Nurture, several different courtesy manuals,
> and Van Wyncken's Boke of Kerving, all in one volume. Ooh, baby, you
> know what I like!

Golly- I've had mine for about 4 years now... ;-) Copied and in a
binder. Very useful stuff...

The kids just left for school and I'm almost awake now...

'Lainie