SC - Apicius

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 12:10:21 PST 1999

Heya All from Zoe

The Pots and Pans thread brings up my latest confession. Ready for this?
I just spent 2000.00 on new cookware.
*gulp*
Ok here is the explanation.
Last weekend we went to the state fair. While wandering around we  ended up
in the commercial booth grabbing garlic bread (huge pieces of it) and
drinks. We were looking for a place to sit and behold there was a cooking
demo going on! with chairs where one could sit! Plus this guy was telling us
he would cook for us and feed us, (free food at the fair? coolness!)
So we sat and watched. What he was selling was waterless greaseless cookware
by West Bend called Lustre Craft.
It's stainless steel, with a solid aluminum bottom for faster heating and a
carbon steel core.
With a life time warranty, and a few other goodies, ie a crock pot, a thing
called the salad king, and an electric skillet  added on "free" .I fell,
hook line and sinker. i  chose the 23 piece set and signed my life away,
(well hubbies really, but he agreed)

I rushed home and searched online for information, hoping for some sort of
review on it. i couldn't find too much to be honest. Found some competitors
with cheaper  options, but  less of a warranty. So my order stands andi am
anxiously awaiting the cookware, (which is on lay away for 6 months)
So.. that's where i stand on pots an pans right now.

i actually also love Le Cruest. While it is but of my price range right now
i hope to pick up a piece or two a the  outlet store here before we move.

Zoe