SC - wafers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Oct 2 00:55:56 PDT 1999

Hauviette answered my questions about how she served her wafers and then
asked:
> Did you say you were using a pizelle maker or a regular waffle iron. The
> pizelle maker produces very thin beautiful lacy stylized cookies .
>
> Let me know what you think.

Thanks for yours and Admantius, for his, explantions. It does seem
like there were likely to be served cool, like we usually eat cookies
these days. I imagine this would hold true for the savory ones, although
I don't think that sounds as appetizing cool as I thought they would be
warm. Since this is a dessert course, I am serving sweet wafers at this
event. I may serve savory wafers at the Candlemas event.

I bought an electric pizelle iron with non-stick, decorated wafer iron
surfaces. It makes two five inch wafers. I was planning on cooking
these at the event during the meal itself so they would be a little
warm. If they can be cool, I might make them at home the day before
the event. This would certainly give me more leeway and some cushion
since this is the first time I've cooked for a group at an event.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****