SC - Syllabub - does anyone have a period recipe?

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Wed Oct 13 14:14:20 PDT 1999

G'day all.

It appears that I will probably be running a
feast in July next year.  Now the reason I am
bothering you so far in advance, is in a
couple of months the fruit farm near us will
be selling lovely strawberries, raspberries
etc.  Late January, the costs for said fruits
go way down to make it reasonable to buy a
plentiful supply cheaply.

Now, as the fruit is seasonal (and cause the
Baroness has requested serving of copious
quantities of strawberries) it is cheaper for
me to buy in Dec/Jan & freeze but I have
found that when defrosted the fruit is really
squishy.

Hence the syllabub idea.  Now I have some
lovely OOP recipes for syllabub, but I was
hoping that someone with a better library
than mine might have a recipe, please,
please?

Anyway, thanks in advance
(groveling in the general direction of anyone
better book endowed than I :-)

Lorix