SC - Syllabub - does anyone have a period recipe?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 15 04:46:14 PDT 1999

Glenda Robinson wrote:

> Lorix,
>
> There's a lovely recipe in Pleyn Delit - Strawberry Pudding. This can use
> frozen strawberries.

That would be the fresee recipe I spoke of, which I believe PD has as a
variant on syrosye, which they refer to as a cherry pudding. I don't
entirely buy the idea that this is supposed to be a chargeaunt or
stondyng dish, so I use fewer breadcrumbs than Hieatt, Butler and Jones
recommend, and serve it warm as a medium-thick pottage.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com