SC - distilling laws

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Tue Oct 19 05:21:13 PDT 1999

Actually you are allowed to produce 1 or 2 gallons a year for personal
consumption.  Check with your local state govt because the laws that govern
that are regulated by the local states and your mileage may vary (PA is 2
gallons, last I checked).

Cadoc

Sorry, 'fraid not, nope, don't care what state you're in, how you WANT to
interpret the law, what the state government says, what you desire to be
true etc etc etc.  DISTILLATION WITHOUT A LICENSE FROM THE DEPT OF TREASURY
IS ILLEGAL!  Freeze distillation, fractional, volatile, don't bother, don't
try to find a loophole, there aren't any.  If you are making alcohol from
any process other than fermentation you are breaking the law.  For further
discussion of this, or references and documentation to support this
statement, please join us over on the distilling list.  We have a veritable
butt-ton of information in our archives, including the BATF regs and several
long winded albeit scholarly and well documented discussions on legality of
distilling alcohol in the US.

regards, Puck
evil distilling list admin dude