SC - Period Beet Recipe & period quote about beets

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:13:34 PDT 1999

>Par Leijonhufvud wrote:
> >> Are you TRYING to make me faint? Boil a SLUG? ...
> >
> >Of course not, that's why you should broil it instead. Just stick it on
> >a stick and hold over the fire.
>
>A feast fit for a Troll? :-)

Don't knock it Henry, when I had survival training eons ago,
it's one of the most readily available sources of food in our
area.  That AND they're bigger than snails.  The don't taste
like anything at all.

Cadoc

Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"