SC - re: chard, AGAIN, plus OT magazine

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Oct 25 21:09:25 PDT 1999

kylie walker wrote:

> Completely OOP, but coincidentally, I was reading an old copy of an
> "alternative lifestyle" magazine last night, and it talked about using
> beetroot syrup instead of sugar in cakes and the like. And also watermelon
> syrup.

Would that happen to be _The Mother Earth News_? I have a collection
(currently in storage) of old ones from the mid-70's to the very early
80's. I dropped the subscription when they went yuppified and spent more
time on 'causes' and SUV and ATV ads than in the old recipes and hints
and gardening tips and how to build your own cabin (from cordwood and
pig droppings, complete with a cozy woodstove!) for less than ten
dollars. Now _those_ were the days! Fine magazines.

'Lainie